|Warrior of Light|
Toshihiko Seki (Japanese) / Grant George (English)
All-around Fighter (Japanese) / Paragon (English)
- Crushes enemies with deft, balanced sword techniques.
A warrior highly skilled in the art of the sword. He also excels in using his shield both defensively and offensively. In the original title, after rescuing Sarah, the princess of Cornelia, from Garland, he, along with three other light warriors, departed on a journey to save the world from being completely destroyed by the forces of Chaos.
The Warrior of Light is also a playable character in Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015). He was one of the first six playable characters announced for the game on February 14th, 2015, alongside the Onion Knight, Terra Branford, Cloud Strife, Lightning, and Y'shtola Rhul.
How to unlockEdit
As a hero for Cosmos, Warrior of Light is unlocked from the beginning, and also serves as your guide through tutorial.
Warrior of Light's appearance is based on Amano's concept of the Warrior character in the original game. He appears as a young man who has fair skin, long, silver hair, and blue eyes. He is adorned in aqua blue armor with some yellow features complete with a khaki cape. The unique thing about the Warrior is that he has two long golden horns on his helmet facing upwards. In EX Mode, his horns point forwards, wears a golden cape and his armor is red in some features.
- Amethyst Armor - Warrior of Light changes color schemes for red armor, almost resembling the Fighter class sprite from the original Final Fantasy. In EX Mode, he gains vibrant red, silver and black hues.
- Classic Red - A second alternate costume that changes his appearance entirely to resemble the Fighter sprite from the original game, now featuring lighter, red-colored armor and short red hair. In EX Mode, he gains a slightly more muscular build and his hair is swept back, becoming the Knight class from the original game.
- The Nameless Warrior - A free DLC costume can be purchased from the Playstation Network to feature WoL without his helmet, showing off his long, silvery hair also his sword appears to be cracked. His EX Mode appearance is the same as his default's EX Mode but with no helmet still.
The Warrior is described in the game as a Paragon. He is a well-balanced character specialized in using sword techniques to attack his opponent, and uses his shield offensively and defensively. He is decent in combat, having no strengths nor weaknesses. His HP attacks focus on the process of the light, blinding his opponent with blessed energy blasts.
Bravery to HP AttacksEdit
Class Change - Warrior of Light changes classes from Fighter to Knight
Oversoul - A sharp, repeated strike like a flash of light. Each directional button corresponds to one attack.
- Regen - Vigor and stamina recover little by little, restoring HP.
- Mirror Attack - [Active while attacking] A wall of light appears while attacking, repelling weak magical attacks.
- Protect - [Always active while in EX Mode] An aura of light covers the body, raising defense. Note: Though it cannot show up in stats, defense +10.
- Light's Blessing - [Activates when combo hits] A sword of light appears, dealing additional damage.
Initial Universal EquipmentEdit
|Weapons||Hand Armor||Head Armor||Body Armor|
|Name||Level Needed to Use||Stats||Effect(s)||Obtained|
|Flame Sword (English)|
|50||ATK +36||Defense +5%.||Trade: 15460 gil, Rapier, Spirit Stone x3, Protect Shard x2|
|92||ATK +63||Defense +10%.||Trade: 29570 gil, Flame Sword, Goddess's Magicite x5, Protect Crystal x3|
|Barbarian's Sword (English)|
|100||ATK +68||Defense +15%.|
Minor Counterattack Effect.
|Trade: 31920 gil, Braveheart, Guiding Light x5, Protect Orb x5|
Normal: Amano's artwork design.
Normal EX Mode: Class Change (Knight).
Alternate: Alternate Amano design - Colour scheme becomes red rather than blue.
Alternate EX Mode: Alternate Amano design - Colour scheme becomes red rather than blue.
- His Level 100 Exclusive Weapon, the Barbarian's Sword, surpasses even the Ultima Weapon in the 20th Anniversary edition of Final Fantasy.
- Unlike Onion Knight and Bartz, whose design is a fusion of their sprite with the Amano art from them, Warrior of Light is fully based on Amano's vision of him, while his alternative form is just a palette swap to fit the alternate art from the warrior himself.
- Though its most likely coincidence, most of Warrior of Light battle quotes are similar to Riku from Kingdom Hearts series, (though some of them change the theme of Darkness for Light) mostly:
- A running gag among fans stems from Warrior of Light's static expressions as he never displays any facial expressions aside from stoic and composed.
- The sixth and final command for Oversoul will always be the left directional button. In Dissidia 012 it was changed so it is now random.