Battle Pieces (Referred to by the characters in-game as Imitations イミテーション in the Japanese and Manikins in the English version) are non-player characters appear exclusively in Story Mode. In game, they appear as crystalline facsimiles of the playable characters, typically weaker than their original counterparts.
Manikins were originally created by Cid to draw in warriors from other worlds. Deemded failures, they were sent into the Dimensional Rift where the warlock ExDeath would later gain control of through his mastery of the Void and used as pawns of Chaos.
Appearance and abilitiesEdit
Manikins take on the form of monochrome-colored crystalline versions of the characters with distorted voices. Their colors are reflective of their counterparts such as Tidus' Manikin being orange or Emperor's being yellow. In Destiny Odyssey, the majority of the Manikins have inaccessible but incredibly weak equipment, using rusted, charred and cracked pieces, though some may have booster accessories. In Shade Impulse and Distant Glory however, the Manikins have typical boss-like properties. They have an EX-Mode known as Powered Up though they are only granted the basic EX Mode bonuses of Regen and Critical Hit Rate increase and have no access to EX Burst.
- Normal: Typical drones. No accessories and can be done away with one or two HP attacks. They appear as gray helmets on the board
- Hard: Similar to the Normal pieces. However, they are filled to the rim with booster accessories, often time-relation ones. Same appearance as Normal pieces but with a pair of swords cross behind it
- Strange: Represented as gold helmets with a slightly distorted appearance. Their HP is always at critical but have stronger stats and are highly evasive in nature. Some typically carry a Last/Second Chance accessory.
- Expert: Represented as well armored brown pieces. They have stats that often equal or exceed the Chaos Pieces.
- Chaos: Represented by the Chaos insignia. They serve as the bosses. Defeating them usually marks the end of the level. There is a Cosmos counterpart for the hero bosses as well.
- Stigma of Chaos: Red and black Chaos insignia. Approaching this piece automatically ends the level.
- Ultimate: Similar to the Expert pieces but with swords in place of the brown plating. These pieces far exceed the Chaos Pieces in every aspect.
Each of the Manikins are given a name associated with their original counterparts. A prefix synonymous to a fake is also added before them as well
|List of Battle Pieces: